Sunday, November 1, 2009

Tiny Mite Bowl




The Tiny Mite Bowl was the "Superbowl" for Justin this year. The good news is that all teams made it! Justin's team played twice in a row, Justin got to have medical attention (for his blister), and they got pizza in between the games. It was awesome!!!

Justin is a Charger Fan (and a Bengals fan, Steelers fan, Panthers fan, ... ) so he knows "Lights Out" Shawne Merriman. (I'm not personally a fan of his actions off the field but the man can sack a quarterback!). I think that Justin was channeling his San Diego roots today during the games. I'm not making a single bit of this one up.

The scene was like most games: John was taking pictures down on the field and I was up in the bleachers watching Annalise, chatting with Moms, and cutting oranges into quarters (since I forgot to do it ahead of time). I was mid story with Rhonda Landers when I saw Justin drop down into his stance on the line. My story stopped, I froze, and I saw them snap the ball. Within seconds, I saw Justin crash through the line, reach the quarterback, lift him 2 feet into the air, and crash down on top of him about 5 yards behind the line. It was insane!!!! We've been calling him "lights out" since then. John says he missed the best part of the shot but he happened to catch the end of it. Justin's usually aggressive and finds his way to the quarterback, but it's rare that he does it with such power and speed and (honestly) pure style. He says he heard me screaming from the stands and John says that the people around him said "WOW! I hope you caught that one!!!!" John answered (quite proudly) that it was his kid...

It gets better. I saw this insane sack and then my kid leaned over and offered the other kid his hand to help him up. I usually kept it under control but I was the crying mom on the sidelines when I saw that one.

Here is a link to the slideshow that John put together for the team. It's about 15 minutes long and you'll see pictures of everyone on the team. Justin is number 88. Enjoy! http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xb34cl_portsmouth-patriots-tiny-mites-2009_people

P.S.: John recommends going to the Menu at the bottom of the viewing window and selecting "high quality" from the pop up window.

No comments:

Post a Comment