Saturday, November 14, 2009

Pookie's Visit



Melissa came to visit us last weekend and had a good time with the kids after John and I both ditched her. (I went to San Diego for a work trip and John was busy studying). Melissa made the most of the time with her kiddos!

After playing dolls with Annalise for what seemed like several hours to me, Melissa took her to lunch at Thames Waterside Bar&Grill where they enjoyed the (somewhat brisk) weather and sunshine on the patio. The picture above is taken in their lunch outfits. I'm not sure when Annalise managed to talk Melissa into drawing about 17 thousand pictures with her but I was sorting through several of "USS COOKIE" sailing on the ocean earlier today. It looks like they also co-authored a story about a girl along the top of the pictures. You're a true artist, Melissa!!! I got home late last night so I only noticed the toes this morning...when I was getting her ready for ballet, I saw that Annalise has beautiful toes and I learned that Melissa took her to "the spa!"

I also heard that she took both kids to see Plymouth Rock on Wednesday (Veteran's Day). They went to Pilgrim Hall Museum where they learned about Indian Houses and saw videos about how hard the first winter was for the pilgrims. They learned about how hard it was to survive with the things that they brought over on the Mayflower. Justin says the rock was big, and that you couldn't touch it, but that there was a sample in the museum that they could touch. Justin says this was his favorite part. Melissa's note to me after she brought the kids home was "Somehow the invisible sound barrier between the front and the back seats was not working and they would not stop arguing!" I myself have never experienced this...

The other thing Melissa was able to do while she was here was to help Justin with his school project about Grasshoppers. She taught him how to research on the internet and I learned some good safety points from her. She's a true professional! In her spare time, she also took care of Jasmine. Melissa and Justin worked hard on "Sit, Wait, Paw (Shake)" with Jasmine and I think they were somewhat successful because Jasmine now finds it perfectly acceptable to walk up to me, sit, look up adoringly, and throw her paw against my leg for attention. OUCH! (Baby Steps - I get it).

They both say "Thanks for coming to see us Pookie!!!" Annalise says "Thank you for coming and letting me have my nails painted and for hanging around with us and for letting me take a nap with you."

No comments:

Post a Comment