Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween 2009











Saturday was a long day for the Dolbys...I'll tell you about the Tiny Mite Bowl later because it deserves pictures and it's own entry. For now, here is the story of Halloween 2009:

John ordered Justin's costume about a month ago and told me he had taken care of it. Strangely, I noticed small charges hitting the credit card a week or so later. Since I'm slightly "detailed" about that, I would ask him about them. "Hey John - did you make a charge today?" I would get a very innocent look and he would say "Oh. Yes. That must be part of Justin's costume". The next day, we would repeat the same conversation until about the third day when I said, "Um, how many things did you buy???" He smiled and said "Just some accessories! It's going to be a cool costume! AND it's big enough for him to wear it for a while."

Oh boy - a few charges later and the total finally hit. I rolled my eyes but didn't worry too much about it. As you can see, his costume was AWESOME, he had a great time with it, and John was right because Justin has worn it every waking second since Halloween night.

The evolution of the costumes:
On Saturday, when we got home from the Tiny Mite Bowl, I decided to try on Justin's shoulder pads. They fit! I pressed my luck and tried on his jersey, which had a very authentic grass/sweat scent left over from the game. It fit too! This is how my costume came about. When we were all getting dressed, John and Justin decided that John needed to be a pilot with Justin (John was the pilot that rescues the astronaut when they land in the ocean) and he had plenty of good stuff laying around the house to make his own costume too. (John's not included in the pictures because he kept saying "I shouldn't be wearing this..." so I thought I would keep the evidence to a minimum).

We went trick or treating with the Perlmutters, Carsons, and a few other families in the neighborhood. The weather was gorgeous and we collected SO MUCH CANDY that I think I could have supplied the whole US Army for a month. Each kid kept a lunch bag full but donated the rest to the squirrels/raccoons/skunks that like to snack in our garbage can. Trick-or-Treating was so much fun with Justin (astronaut), Annalise (Ariel), Bayley (Clone), Graysie (Witch), and Leah (Pirate) making the rounds together.

2 comments:

  1. Not so much that I shouldn't be wearing it as it was that I would be made fun of by any other pilot who saw me wearing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my brave husband! Afraid of nothing!!!!

    ReplyDelete