Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Mom's Magic

To my children: Today was a hard day to be a parent and I spent the day wondering how I could teach both of you how to always be good kids who do the right things. I came up short. I'll always choose "firm but loving" and pray that we're teaching you how to be the best you can be. Sometimes it's hard. I'm writing this because I usually write about the good days and sometimes there are bad days too. The important thing is that we learn from our mistakes, wake up tomorrow, and choose to do better.

Mom and Mom-in-Law: I'm sure that neither of you knew the power of what you were doing at the time, but you both sent me notes about Christmas today. They gave me perspective and made me feel better. Moms are good at knowing when a simple word is needed and you both helped out today even if you didn't know it at the time. Hopefully I'll have the same sense when I have grandchilren of my own who have parents who still need me from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment