Saturday, December 12, 2009

Army/Navy Game





Wow! I remember going to the Army/Navy game once upon a time...

... and I realized this weekend that I am a MOM. We tailgated with coffee, cheese, fruit and crackers. We took pictures of the kids playing. We went in to the stadium two hours early so that we wouldn't miss the "March On". I caught up with Susan Wilson and we talked about babies and insurance. I watched the first half of the game with my daughter sleeping peacefully in my arms. It's a different life and it made me very happy to look back and see all the things that I have gained in my life since the last time I was at an Army/Navy Game. I'm a blessed kid with a wonderful family!

The story of the year is that John accidentally got us tickets in the Army section, and we had a great time anyway! There were several Navy fans around us and the Army fans were having fun messing with Justin. Justin would yell "Go Navy, Navy, Navy" expecting the response of "Beat Army, Army, Army". The guy in front of us would switch it around on him and yell "Go Army, Army, Army" and Justin would get confused and yell "Beat Navy, Navy, Navy" before he caught himself. Once he realized what he said, he would giggle and try again. Annalise started a new cheer that some of our section appreciated. It goes like this: "Let's Go Navy...Cha Cha Cha!!!" with a little hip wiggling and dance step involved. She's worth a million bucks if you ask me! Justin got a stuffed goat and we now have a debate running through the family because I mentioned that the goat is "sorry looking" and Justin swears that he's old and gnarly.

I was glad to get to go to the game with John because it's so much fun to see him and experience his alma mater. Since I went to a school without a football team, I had a great time being part of the school spirit and feeling such great pride for a group of kids who had accomplished something so amazing. Go Navy!




No comments:

Post a Comment