Sunday, June 13, 2010

Everybody Dance Now!



She's the one in the middle

Beautiful Girl in her stage make-up

Backstage


Butterflies in her tummy

Outside the High School

Dress Rehearsal

Rainbow Ice Cream for my Tiny Dancer after dress rehearsal


Annalise performed as a sunflower to the song "Music Box Dancer" last night in Position One School of Dance's 31st recital. It was Annalise's second recital and she was a beautiful dancer!

I have to be honest and tell you that she was not excited about her costume due to the lack of pink and the "sticky outy" skirt, but she got into the mood when we put her make-up on and she saw the other girls dressed in the same outfit. I'll never forget when she looked in the mirror and said, "Well, I guess I'm a sunflower and that's just the way it is!"

She was fine for her dress rehearsal but she told me on the way to the "dancer drop-off" for the performance that she had butterflies in her tummy. We took some pictures to distract her and I taught her how to do an air kiss to preserve her fresh lipstick from smudging. These simple things seemed to get her mind in the right place. She disappeared backstage and got ready for her performance!

After the dance, her Daddy picked her up from the backstage room with flowers in his hand and she thought that was simply the best thing ever! She stuck with him all night long, smiling and snuggled in his lap, and watching the performance in her sunflower costume. He keeps saying, "Wow! All you have to do to win this girl's heart is buy some flowers!" but he forgets that she loves him that much just because of the amazing Dad he is every single day.

The flowers are proudly displayed on the desk in her room and she stopped on her way to bed tonight to smell them and remind me that she got them from her Daddy because she's a beautiful ballerina.

2 comments:

  1. Annalise did such a great job and has a real future as a dance I think! I hated the fact that she spoiled me with snuggles all evening long too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Cookie! I loved watching you dance.

    ReplyDelete